Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh-502324
Name of Post: Special Project Scientist/ Scientist (Post Doctoral)-Maize Breeding
The Job: CIMMYT is looking for an innovative, results-oriented agricultural scientist with excellent skills in plant molecular breeding to support the development of high-yielding, abiotic stress-tolerant maize germplasm. The Maize Molecular Breeder will focus on marker-assisted germplasm enhancement applications for South and South East Asia.
Candidate Profile / qualifications:
* Ph.D. in Plant breeding
* Familiarity with field- and lab-based techniques relevant to maize germplasm characterization and development, with a background of quantitative genetics. This includes knowledge of experimental designs, management of glass house, and field management.
* Track record in applying molecular marker-based approaches for genetic analyses and/or improvement of oligogenic and complex traits in crop plants
* Excellent computer skills and experience in using relevant software for statistical, biometrical and molecular marker analysis
* Demonstrated ability to publish in refereed scientific journals.
* Proficiency in spoken and written English. An ability in spoken Hindi and/or Telugu is desirable.
* Interest in international agricultural research and development
* Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
* Be ready to travel as per requirement of project activities
This position will be initially for two years, and renewable based on the performance of the incumbent. An attractive compensation will be offered.
Last Date: 15 February 2011