CMTI Premises, Tumkur Road, Bangalore 560 022
Name of Post: Director
1. Must be preferably be a post graduate or doctorate in engineering with a minimum of 20 years experience in the machine tool industry, of which a large part must have been in design, R&D and testing. Thorough knowledge of machine tools and their performance, international standards, testing methods and evaluation is expected. Applicants should have worked in machine tool companies, R&D establishments or leading academic-cum-R&D institutions specializing in machine tools in India or abroad
2. Capable of managing the financial commitments and generating the targeted revenue for the AMTTF. A flair for marketing the services of the facility among machine tool industry companies and generating testing assignments is required.
3. Capable of independently leading a team of qualified engineers towards advanced testing and research activities in machine tool technologies.
4. Should be conversant with machine tool evaluation with investigative approach towards accuracy specifications, Noise and Vibration, dynamic behavior, thermal analyses and productivity aspects.
5. Should have investigative approach towards machine tool testing, predictive maintenance and proactive maintenance.
6. Capable of providing technical consultancy to the machine tool industry in investigative and generic testing for product development, eventually leading to R&D activities in the AMTTF.
7. Overall knowledge and familiarity with the Indian machine tool industry, its companies, products and key persons is expected. Familiarity with the Indian manufacturing industries using machine tools is desirable.
8. Commercial acumen in budgeting, costing, preparing quotes for AMTTF services and negotiation is an essential skill expected.
The post carries gross emoluments matching the best standards in the industry and will not be a limiting factor in deciding the selection.
Age:There is no age limit fixed for the post, but the preferred age is 50-55.
Last date: January 31, 2011
View complete Details