Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible local candidates who possess the requisite qualification for filling up the regular vacancy of Panchayat Secretary in the Directorate of RD, PRIs & ULB, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair. The details of post is as under.
Name of post
No. of vacancy
02 posts (Reserved) - OBC
01 post (Reserved) - ST
04 post Un-reserved
PB-1 Rs 5200+20200+GP 2800/-
18-33 years for Male
18-38 years for Female
Note: 1. Relaxable for Govt. Servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time.
2. Relaxable for ST Candidates upto 05 years and OBC candidates upto 03 years in accordance with the instructions/orders issued by the Govt. of India from time to time.
Educational Qualification and Other Qualification
(i) Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
(ii) Should qualify the written examination
Graduate Diploma in Local Self Govt. /Panchayati Raj Administration /Rural Development.
Duties and Responsibility
1. Incharge of the office of the Gram Panchayat.
2. He shall work under the direct supervision of the Pradhan and shall be responsible to the Gram Panchayat through the Pradhan.
3. To prepare the Gram Panchayt Budget in time.
4. To have custody of all papers and documents of the Gram Panchayat and to kept in safe custody.
5. To submit Gant-in-aid application to the Authorities as per the GIA Rules.
6. To prepare the monthly and quarterly statement of accounts and placing the same before the Gram Panchayat.
7. To inspect work-sites for assessing the works in progress and for giving directions, if the works are not carried out accordingly to sanction.
8. To supervise and control the staff posted in the Gram Panchayat.