Name of Job: Intellectual Property Officer
* Assist the IP Manager in identifying center-specific needs related to proprietary technology and management of IP.
* Review various agreements to ensure they reflect the provisions contained in the Institute’s IP policy.
* Assist scientists on queries and clarifications related to approved IPR policies.
* Maintain an electronic database of all agreements and monitor compliance with all IP-related issues.
* Design and maintain IP Office internet and intranet pages.
* Coordinate legal advice on specific issues with CGIAR CAS-IP staff, and ICRISAT consultants and attorneys.
* Help plan and implement seminars, workshops and training courses in IPR and IP management for ICRISAT staff.
* Science and/or Law Graduate from any recognized university including IPR Law.
* Exposure to Indian and global IPR laws pertaining to agriculture is desirable but not essential.
* Proficiency in the use of computers and capable of preparing IP tools.
* Ability to communicate effectively with scientists, attorneys and clients.
* A self-motivator with vision and analytical skills and with commitment to work under challenging conditions.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 14 January 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.