For The Semi Arid Tropic International Crops Research Institute For The Semi Arid Tropics
Patancheru 502324, Andhra Pradesh, Tel: +91 40 30713071
ICRISAT invites applications for the Head of a newly formed Impact Assessment Office to be based at its Headquarters in Patancheru, near Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Post: Head - Impact Assessment Office
* Develop and implement ICRISAT’s agenda for research priority setting and ex post impact assessment
* Develop the performance monitoring and evaluation plan in which each indicator will be clearly defined with description of data collection and analysis methods, timing and responsibilities
* Ensure that all ICRISAT research projects (CRP and bilateral) have clear, concise and measurable output and outcome indicators, leading to demonstrable impacts
* Formulate benchmarks against which future progress towards the goals of ICRISAT can be monitored
* Working together with regionally-based M&E specialists, strengthen institutional capacity and that of partners to undertake Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) with an emphasis on participatory approaches
* Working together with other units in ICRISAT, develop and implement appropriate tools for the storage and sharing of data and information
* Undertake periodic data quality assessment and review of the M&E system and its components within the institute
* Assist in monitoring and assessing cultural change in ICRISAT, e.g., by establishing baselines of current culture so that change can be monitored over time
* Lead the dissemination of ICRISAT’s outputs, outcomes and impacts through internal meetings and other fora as appropriate and take responsibility for ICRISAT’s M&E reporting requirements
Desired Candidate’s Profile
* PhD degree in Economics or Agricultural Economics, with 5-10 years experience in impact assessment, and project monitoring and evaluation.
* Proven ability to think strategically about agricultural research-for-development.
* Innovative, energetic individual with demonstrated contributions to the field of agriculture and committed to seeing measurable impacts at the farm level.
* Strong statistical skills, knowledge of computer applications and software for data management and analysis.
* Excellent in English (both spoken and written). Knowledge of French is desirable
* Good publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals.