(Established by Reserve Bank of India)
Faculty Jobs in IDRBI
Invitation for Top Talent in Research and Academics
To encourage best practices in Banking Technology, the Institute invites top talent with high passion for Research and Academics for the positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.
Candidates for all positions must have a PhD in Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Systems / Information Security / Banking Technologies or closely related areas with a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch with a consistently good academic record.
Candidates should have specialized in one or more of the following areas:
• Information Technology in Banking
• Electronic Payment and Settlement Systems
• Financial Networks and Applications
• Security Technologies for the Financial Sector
• Financial Information Systems and Business Intelligence
• Financial Inclusion Technologies
• Core Banking System Related Areas
• Alternate Delivery Channels
• Open Source Technologies
• Information Security
• Computer Science & Engineering
• Closely related areas
1) Professor: - A minimum of ten years of research / professional experience of which at least four years should be at the level of Associate Professor or an equivalent position in a premier and reputed research organization or industry as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of applied research, guidance of PhD students, strong record of publications in reputed journals and conferences, patents, laboratory/course development, and other professional R & D and academic
2) Associate Professor: - A minimum of six years of research / professional experience of which three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or an equivalent position in a premier and reputed research organization or industry as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of guidance of M.Tech. and PhD students, publications in reputed journals and conferences, patents, laboratory/course development, and other professional R & D and academic activities.
3) Assistant Professor: - A minimum of three years research / professional experience in a premier and reputed organization excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. Candidates should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and conferences. Eligible candidates with less than the requisite experience may be taken as “Assistant Professor on Contract”.
4. Type of Position
All positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor are on Contract for a Period of Five Years with an initial probation of One Year. Candidates can also take up these positions while on a Sabbatical from their organizations, subject to their parent organization issuing a clear ‘no-objection’ to the candidate to take up the assignment with the IDRBT. The Institute also invites applications for Adjunct Faculty and Visiting Faculty from highly experienced candidates in research and teaching or with professional experience in all the above areas. Candidates applying for Sabbatical / Adjunct Faculty / Visiting Faculty positions should indicate it clearly in their applications.
Compensation shall be on a CTC basis and shall be higher than the scales prevalent in the IITs. Right candidates shall be adequately compensated.
7. Positions on Deputation
These positions are open to candidates working in the Indian Banking and Financial Sector. Accordingly, such candidates may apply for being considered on Deputation Basis for all these positions, through proper channel. While PhD is not mandatory requirement for candidates from the Indian Banking and Financial Sector, proven experience and / or flair for the respective area is essential. The Institute may offer Pay and Allowances of One Grade Higher to staff recruited on Deputation from Commercial Banks, up to the level of Chief Manager.