Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh-502324
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower poor people of the dry tropics to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agriculture. ICRISAT belongs to a Consortium of Centers supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
Senior Manager - Media Relations and Science Writing
ICRISAT seeks applications for Senior Manager, Media Relations, and Science Writing, to be based in the ICRISAT’s Headquarters, Patancheru, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. The incumbent reports to the Director, of Communication.
Desired Candidate’s Profile:
Graduate of Mass/Development Communication and/or Agricultural or Biological Sciences, preferably with a postgraduate degree in the Social Sciences Journalism and/or related fields with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in journalism,/newspaper/television/web publishing.
Principal Scientist - Natural Resources (Water and Soils)
Desired Candidate’s Profile
* PhD degree in natural resource management, water, soils or related agricultural discipline with 3-10 years experience in systems related research including experience in crop and systems modeling.
* Proven ability to think strategically about research for development.
* Innovative, energetic individual with demonstrated contributions to the field of agriculture and committed to seeing measurable impacts at farm level.
* Strong statistical skills, knowledge of computer applications and software for data management and analysis.
* Excellent in English (both spoken and written).
* Good publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals.
* Proven good track record in attracting project funding.
* Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and interest to work in interdisciplinary team.
* Experience with variety development and release as well as effective seed dissemination.
Last Date: 30 November 2010
Here & Here