Job Domain: Generic Engineering
Expertise:Embedded, Layer 3 protocols and OSPF
Employment Type: Permanent
Candidate will be responsible for coding and design of new features in L2 / L3 Networking Device.
Key areas include:
- Participate in a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our product family.
- Define, architect, design new software protocols and features
- Write complete functional and design specs independently, write portions of product spec
- Design & develop large portions of software independently.
- Engage with customer facing groups, understand customer requirements, integrate into the products
- Enhance customer satisfaction, success by actively engaging and resolving customer issues
- Fixing of Defects reported by test team and field defects.
- Strong C programming skills.
- RTOS embedded experience ( VxWorks, PSOS, Linux OS)
- Experience in L2 Ethernet switching protocols (any of the following protocols; VLAN, 802.1q, Provider Bridging, MAC Learning, STP/RSTP/MSTP, Link Aggregation, Ethernet OAM, 802.1ag, 802.3ah, ITU-T Y.1731 Ethernet Ring Protection, IGMP, Multicast)
- Working knowledge of L3 Protocols (any of the following protocols; RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, IP, IPv6, IGMP)
- Hands on experience on switch/router software development.
- Strong problem solving, software development and troubleshooting skills.
Job City: Gurgaon